Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Health Systems Strengthening project in Liberia. The project aims to support the Liberian government in strengthening health system leadership and governance, reinforcing health information systems for use of data for decision-making, enhancing community-level health services, and addressing challenges with water sanitation and hygiene. It will improve the capacity of the Liberian Ministry of Health to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across the country. The chief of party will oversee the project and report directly to the designated USAID contracting officer’s representative. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction to strengthen health institutions, increase availability and improve management of key health systems resources, and strengthen community systems for high-quality health services in Liberia
- Serve as the project’s primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, the government of Liberia, key government and nongovernment institutions and actors, and project stakeholders and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Supervise senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and subcontractors
- Direct implementation of project activities and liaise with project teams to ensure technical coordination
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Ensure project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and ensure appropriate project adjustments
- Ensure the quality of project deliverables
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, international development, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience managing large, complex health projects in developing countries, with at least eight years of experience in health governance; decentralization; health-care financing; or institutional strengthening programs in Liberia
- Demonstrated experience strengthening health systems and service delivery in Liberia
- Track record of progressive responsibility, including at least 10 years providing senior-level leadership (e.g., as chief of party, project director, or deputy director) to programs of similar scope and complexity of the Health Systems Strengthening project in Liberia
- USAID experience preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host-country governments, U.S. government agencies, donor agencies, and international organizations
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills required
Please apply through https://bit.ly/2qJMxzM. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.