FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming five-year USAID Liberia Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) project. The COP will be responsible for ensuring overall effective project implementation overseeing technical and administrative components. The position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon award to FHI 360.
- Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial, and administrative) for the project, ensuring full alignment with national and international standards
- Lead development of the project’s overall implementation strategy and workplans with the DCOP and other senior level technical staff
- Oversee the implementation of the project, ensuring the timely achievement of targets and the technical quality of all project deliverables
- Supervise key personnel, assign responsibility, and enforce accountability
- Effectively represent FHI 360 and maintain working relationships with USAID, government counterparts, and relevant civil society organizations
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the local USAID Mission, the Ministry of Health counterparts, and FHI 360 headquarters
- Maintain strong working relationships with project staff, subcontractors, and external stakeholders
- Exercise sound financial management skills, including efficient project spending
- Ensure compliance with USAID and FHI 360 rules and regulations
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Policy and Governance, or other relevant field required
- At least 10 years of senior-level experience designing, implementing, and managing or evaluating complex health programs, with an emphasis on health systems strengthening; health financing; and/or health sector policy and strategies
- Demonstrated technical depth and understanding of the health policy environment and governance in Liberia or in a country of similar development context; experience in Liberia preferred
- Demonstrated success managing complex international donor programs; previous experience in managing a USAID contract strongly preferred
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with other projects, local organizations, host country governments, and international agencies
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English required
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.