The COP will provide technical and administrative leadership of the project team and will be responsible for overall implementation, achievement of results, and contract management.
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with partners, civil society organizations, host country government counterparts, and the private sector to ensure sound implementation of activities funded by USAID.
* Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, various Government of Liberia representatives, and Global Communities headquarters staff. S/he will ensure that all donor and other sponsoring organization compliance and reporting requirements are met fully and in a timely manner.
* Manage and mentor a team of local professional staff in the implementation of project activities. S/he will oversee capacity building programs for technical strategy development and implementation, annual work planning and program implementation, and ensure a robust and adaptive knowledge management and M&E system.
* Confer with USAID management on strategic issues to maximize impact and scale, minimize costs, and maximize efficiency and sustainability in achieving project requirements.
Education: Master’s degree or higher in international development, education, project management, or in a closely related field is required.
* Successfully implemented youth education and workforce development programs in vulnerable communities in the region. Demonstrable experience in designing strategies for increasing youth employment.
* At least 7 years of senior leadership experience on a USAID program of similar size and complexity addressing workforce and/or at-risk youth development. Chief of party experience highly preferred. At least 10 years of experience working in vulnerable communities with youth and vulnerable groups.
* Experience forging and strengthening relationships with government counterparts, local organizations, and other donor organizations. Experience in positive youth development, capacity building and workforce development. Experience in the region strongly preferred. Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Required skills:
Proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated five year USAID-funded Liberia Youth Activity. This 10-24.99M program will focus on developing the basic education and foundational skills of youth, strengthening employment skills for improved livelihoods and supporting the creation of an enabling environment for improved youth productivity.