Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) is seeking experienced an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated Libya Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. This 4 year activity will provide technical support for monitoring, learning (MEL) services for USAID/Libya. USAID/Libya requires monitoring and evaluation services, as well as support to apply knowledge derived from MEL, to inform its program and strategy decisions. This includes in-country third party monitoring of USAID activities in a non-presence environment and the provision of services including mid-term and final performance evaluations; assessments and analyses; data quality assessments and data quality verification; support to implement a scenario-based programming approach that includes context monitoring; support for routine performance monitoring tasks, including maintenance and updating of the Mission Performance Management Plan, activity MEL plans, and indicator collation and analysis; MEL training for USAID staff and partners on pertinent topics; and support to integrate knowledge management and learning across the USAID/Libya portfolio.
The COP will serve as the individual bearing overall responsibility for the technical, operational, and administrative aspects of contract performance, including providing central oversight, maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned, and providing general direction for the entire program and focusing on achieving the results defined in the Task Order. The COP will serve as the primary point of contact with USAID in regards to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to this contract. This individual must act as the key liaison between USAID/Libya, USAID’s Middle East Regional Platform, and the Contractor. The COP will work closely with the USAID and all other field staff to manage and oversee contractor-designated activities. The COP will provide vision, direction, leadership and management for the activity. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments. This position will initially be based in Tunis, Tunisia, with potential to relocate to Libya.
Candidates for COP must possess:
- At least a masters degree in a relevant social, economic, public policy, or management field with relevant work experience meeting the IDIQ minimum requirements at the Senior Level.
- Demonstration of progressively responsible experience with:
- Project or program management,
- Leadership in an intercultural team environment in a development context; and
- Supervision, staff development, and mentoring.
- Excellent managerial and communications skills and proven ability building excellent collaborative working relationships with USAID staff, implementing partners, and other USG activities.
- A proven record of fostering partnerships, coordinating project implementation, and providing overall guidance and direction to achieve agreed targets and objectives in a complex and dynamic political and programming environment.
- Sufficient background in MEL-related technical areas to provide overall technical direction and quality control for the deliverables undertaken under this Task Order.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English at Level 4 as defined by the International Language Roundtable. At least Level 3 proficiency in Arabic is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in the Middle East or North Africa is preferred but not required.
To apply - Please email resume and three professional references to OSC@OSCLTD.com. Please indicate “Libya COP” in your subject line. OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. This position is contingent upon contract award from USAID.
About the Organization
Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) specializes in research-based monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and strategic communications in challenging environments. OSC has a 28 year track record implementing USAID programs in over 45 countries in a variety of sectors. For more information, please visit www.oscltd.com