Democracy International, Inc. (DI) is seeking a qualified Chief of Party for the anticipated multi-year USAID-funded Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA), to be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. USAID/Afghanistan requires assistance in the following areas: Evaluation technical support services, monitoring technical support services, learning and adaptive management services, and program support services.
This position would be based in Kabul, Aghanistan, and would be contingent on the award of the project to DI.
- Provide overall management and technical expertise for DI’s M&E program in Afghanistan;
- Manage a diverse team of project staff throughout Afganistan, and provide technical assistance, as needed, to program partners and beneficiaries on Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) principals;
- Oversee the development and implementation of financial tracking systems and coordinate and monitor project budgets to ensure all expenditures are in compliance with DI and donor regulations and within the scope of the program’s long-term budget;
- Represent DI externally at meetings, workshops, and other events;
- Develop regular reports and ongoing activity monitoring consistent with the requirements of DI’s cooperative agreement with USAID and with internal reporting requirements;
- Minimum 15 years of international experience.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, such as International Relations or political science;
- Substantial technical experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects;
- Prior experience as Chief of Party, or equivalent for USAID projects is preferred;
- Knowledge of relevant federal regulations and procedures is preferred.
- Experience working with a range of government officials, donors, local NGOs, and academia;
- Demonstrated success in working with a cross-cultural team; and
- English fluency required;
- Experience in Afghanistan or non-permissive environments strongly preferred.
Please note that the solicitation for this project has not yet been released. DI will contact candidates upon solicitation release.
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.