The COP shall provide overall leadership, strategic vision and direction, program management and oversight, and will serve as principal liaison to USAID and national Ministry of Health staff.
The COP is expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
* A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline; an advanced degree in a clinical or public health discipline (medicine, nursing, epidemiology) is preferred.
* At least 5 years of senior-level experience leading large-scale, complex HIV and/or public health programs, including supervision of technical staff, preferably in East and Southern Africa.
* An additional 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility working in HIV prevention, family planning/reproductive health or related fields internationally, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa. Specific experience working with HIV testing and SRH service delivery preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to establish professional relationships and to work collaboratively with host government agencies, donors, civil society and CBOs.
* Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and foster collaboration across a multi-disciplinary team.
* Prior experience managing PEPFAR and/or USAID-funded agreements or contracts.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Chief of Party to lead an anticipated, USAID-funded HIV Prevention Activity in Malawi. The program's goal is to prevent new HIV infections in target populations within PEPFAR priority districts. The program will increase the use of proven, high-impact HIV prevention interventions by high-risk and underserved populations, especially adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and men. It will also identify undiagnosed HIV-infected persons and link them to treatment.