Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Market Systems and Partnerships
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Feed the Future global initiative which aims to advance knowledge on and explore new areas around market systems facilitation as a means to achieving more competitive, inclusive, and resilient market systems. The project will also engage directly with private sector partners to commercialize and scale agriculture technologies and services as well as catalyze commercial investment in agriculture.
The COP is responsible for overall program implementation and achievement of activity objectives. He/she will provide leadership, oversight, and support to all aspects of the program. The COP will promote strong relationships with the USAID Missions around the world, the host government, sub-recipient partners and other donor and non-governmental organizations. This position is based in Washington, DC and will require international travel.
- Provide technical leadership to all aspects of the program
- Foster strong relationships with USAID Missions, operating units, and partner implementing organizations; as well as host government institutions, and other donor and nongovernmental organizations
- Provide managerial supervision
- Oversee planning sessions, development, refinement and implementation of strategies to improve program performance
- Ensure strategic direction, accuracy, and timeliness for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Supervise annual results reports, resource requests, quarterly reports and pipeline analyses
- Directly liaise with USAID to ensure strategic alignment and client satisfaction
- Master’s degree in economics, business, agriculture, development studies, international relations, or related field
- Expertise in market systems, M4P and/or private sector engagement
- Demonstrated thought leadership through speaking engagements, written work, etc. in market systems and/or private sector engagement
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuing creating and innovative solutions
- Minimum of ten years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects
- Private sector management/leadership experience highly desired
- Experience managing large scale global projects, experience with IDIQ or LWA contracting mechanisms desired
- Experience managing multi-sectoral market systems programs including agribusiness development funded by USAID desired
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in programming
- Demonstrated skills in meeting programmatic and financial reporting requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Ability to travel internationally, as needed
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewedpromptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.