Social Solutions is recruiting a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Honduras Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activity. This is a demand driven activity to provide USAID/Honduras with high quality, flexible support services in evaluation, performance and context monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management. Additionally, this activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID´s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness. The purpose of the activity is to support evidence-based decision-making, measurably increase MEL capacity and monitor performance improvement, and strengthen systematic application of CLA approaches among mission staff and a wide range of external partners.
This is a five-year, full-time position based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras and is contingent upon award.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, technical direction and oversight of day-to-day activity management.
- Work with mission leadership, Program Office and Technical Offices to ensure mutual understanding of expectations and swift response to emergent changes in the operating context.
- Actively liaise with country and development partners and effectively communicate with USAID and key stakeholders.
- Be responsible for contract’s compliance, efficient and effective performance (financial, operational, technical, etc) and timely, high quality deliverables.
- Use appropriate judgment in the development and delivery of products and presentations aimed at different audiences, including decision-makers.
- Guidance and support to activity technical teams and contribute substantively across the range of MEL and CLA assigned tasks.
- Supervise national and international activity staff and consultants, maintain a culture of teamwork, and build the capacity of local MEL experts.
• Experience serving as COP, Deputy COP or team lead, preferably of USAID-financed programs.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of applied M&E or research experience in international development, including experience in both quantitative and qualitative evaluation/study designs and methods of data collection and analysis.
• Understanding of USAID policy priorities and operational guidance as they relate to MEL and CLA.
• Substantial experience in building MEL capacity as part of a team, particularly in the use of program data and evidence for decision-making and learning.
• Demonstrated experience in applied CLA.
• Demonstrated skills in fostering, integrating and/or applying adaptive management practices.
• Superb interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills, particularly proven in the USAID operating environment.
• Significant experience managing group dynamics and leading high-performing teams.
• Strong understanding of USAID’s Program Cycle principles, processes and practices, a plus.
• Relevant professional experience in Central America is required, and preferred in Honduras.
• Working proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.