Chemonics seeks a chief of party for USAID’s anticipated Effective Justice project in Moldova. This project aims to develop and pilot Model Court Houses in Moldova, which will improve access to justice for some of the country’s most vulnerable citizens and make reforms more sustainable. The chief of party will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction to support justice sector reform and increase access to justice systems in Moldova
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, the government of Moldova, key government and non-government institutions and actors, and project stakeholders and counterparts in the public and private sector
- Supervise senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-contracting organization
- Responsible for overall and direct implementation of project activities and liaises with project teams to ensure technical integration, coordination, and managing for results
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Advanced degree in law, public administration, court administration, or other related fields
- Knowledge of and experience with donor-funded rule of law, judicial strengthening, and court administration projects in developing countries, particularly in eastern Europe or the former Soviet Union
- Track record of progressive responsibility, including a minimum of five years providing senior-level leadership (e.g., chief of party, project director, deputy director, advisor, component lead) to programs of similar scale, scope, and complexity
- Experience with USAID or other U.S. government-funded programs strongly preferred
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host-country governments, U.S. government agencies, donor agencies, and international organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Moldovan and/or Romanian preferred
Please send an email to moldovaROLrecruit@chemonics.com with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line by November 22, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.