The Kaizen Company is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (MELP) in Jordan, funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Amman, Jordan. This Project will provide a range of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) services relevant to USAID/Jordan’s portfolio of programs which focuses on: economic growth, capacity building, democracy and governance, public service delivery, and gender equality and female empowerment.
Technical services provided under this contract are expected to include:
- Evaluation planning and implementation
- M&E Mission Training and Technical Assistance (TA)
- M&E Support for Implementing Partners
- Review/establish Baselines and Targets, including Surveys and Studies
- Strategic Communication and Strengthened Collaboration
- Support Design and Implementation of the Mission Performance Management Plan (PMP)
- Schedule/Conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs)
- Establish/Improve Mission-wide Geographical Information and/or Management Information Systems (GIS/MIS).
The Chief of Party will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills. Expected responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Jordan COR and Contracting Officer.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Recruit and supervise short-term national and international consultants for evaluations
- At least ten years of experience working in project management in developing countries, preferably including experience in the Middle East.
- An advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably in International Development and/or Development Management with an emphasis on M&E.
- Experience designing and leading evaluations.
- Experience with the development and/or review of PMPs.
- Knowledge of M&E data collection methodologies and data quality standards.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs.
- Experience conducting training and capacity building activities in M&E.
- Familiarity with database development preferred
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a development consulting firm that cultivates innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. For more than a decade, Kaizen has brought innovation into the world of donor-funded international development in Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
In parallel, Kaizen has been incubating innovations to scale through market forces to achieve development objectives without the need for donor funding. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide.