LINC is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activity in Jordan. The Jordan MEL Activity will strengthen MEL capacity within USAID Jordan, partners, and local firms, and support the M&E agenda of USAID Jordan by providing guidance, planning, technical assistance, and strategic communications for all new and existing programs as well as conducting sectoral and geographic evaluations to inform USAID Jordan programming. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity.
The Chief of Party will provide leadership, management, and technical direction for the Jordan MEL activity, ensuring the high quality of program deliverables, serving as chief liaison to USAID Jordan, local partners, and key stakeholders, and ensuring the capacity of a highly responsive, flexible, results-driven program agenda.
This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Manage the technical and financial performance of the Jordan MEL program, including program planning, technical execution, budgeting, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Oversee design, development, and implementation of learning agendas, including development of evaluation tools, data collection and management, report generation, knowledge sharing, and training and capacity-building activities;
- Ensure the timely provision of responsive, high-quality project deliverables;
- Lead coordination with USAID/Jordan and other key stakeholders and audiences as required;
- Provide day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the Jordan MEL program and all staff and consultants;
- Oversee the project’s collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in a strategic information-related area such as applied research, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or related field (preferred), or a master’s degree in International Development or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience preferred in development project management, especially in research and data collection, CLA, knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Progressive experience in providing strategic technical expertise on learning and evaluation to donors, governments, or the private sector;
- Prior experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred;
- Excellent team leadership, management, and communication skills, including excellent writing abilities in English;
- Proficiency in Arabic preferred;
- Prior experience working in Middle East and especially in Jordan strongly preferred.
Send resume / CV to email@example.com with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org