Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Mozambique TRANSFORM WASH proposal. This activity is intended to support the increase of sustainable access to water and sanitation services in Mozambique, with focus on small towns, rural growth-centers, and peri-urban areas. This activity will seek to materialize the USAID Mozambique Mission’s WASH strategic goal, which aims to support the achievement of Improved well-being of communities, especially women and girls in Mozambique by ensuring increased use and sustainable management of water and sanitation services. All applicants must be proficient in Portuguese. This position will be based in Maputo, Mozambique. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless program implementation
- Provide overall technical leadership to strengthen sanitation and hygiene markets and scale sustainable models of water service delivery
- Ensure program compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, and Chemonics policies and systems
- Liaise with and maintain effective working relations with senior Mozambican government stakeholders, international organizations, NGOs, private sector civil society, and U.S. Government Agencies
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating climate on the program that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Provide general oversight of the program, including overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners
- Advanced degree in engineering, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of experience working in donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH, infrastructure and financing, or utility reform programs, or in other related fields in an international context; and demonstrated progression of responsibility increasing over time;
- Strong working relationship with the Mozambican government counterparts and ministries; strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with gender and youth integration in project implementation preferred
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Portuguese required
- Experience working in Mozambique and/or Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred
To apply visit this link: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/bc4431965df446e7b03684516b54ba8c. The deadline for submission is May 22, 2021. Please note a CV is required. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.