Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Nepal. The goal of this project is to improve the effectiveness of civil society organizations and media actors, with priority at the municipal level, in strengthening public and private sector accountability, advancing and protecting fundamental freedoms, and improving equitable access to higher quality public services.
Position Description: The COP will be the principal point of contact in Nepal for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Nepal on technical matters and must adjust activities and operations in response to USAID/Nepal technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Kathmandu.
* Master’s degree or higher in public administration, communications, business, law, social sciences, or a related field;
* At least ten (10) years of demonstrated, progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of public administration, local government support, or civil society reform programs;
* Exceptional managerial skills and demonstrated experience in managing donor-funded projects of similar size and scope; USAID/USG experience preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.