NEPAL TRADE AND COMPETITIVENSS ACTIVITY
DAI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Trade and Competitiveness Activity in Nepal. The anticipated project is expected to increase Nepali private sector participation in targeted global value chains. This activity will promote investment and increase the use of available technologies and innovation to spur productivity within micro, small, and medium sized enterprises (MSMEs). The activity will yield immediate impacts including jobs, exports, and increased competitiveness. Furthermore, participation of women and marginalized communities will be essential to ensuring inclusive economic growth so this project will also have a gender equality and social inclusion element.
The COP will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise to the program and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID on management and technical matters. The COP will provide strategic leadership to design and lead efforts to increase trade and competitiveness within targeted global value chains which will result in more jobs and increased exports.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire program to ensure an integrated vision and successful achievement of Nepal Trade and Competitiveness objectives
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, implementing partners, program stakeholders, national and regional policymakers and economic agencies, private sector entities, and DAI home office management on all program-related matters
- Lead annual work planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets
- Submit timely, high quality project deliverables to USAID and DAI
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel
- Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills; and
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID policies, and DAI policies and procedures
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant management experience on USAID or other donor-funded development projects
- Demonstrated technical expertise in one of the main technical areas, such as developing market-based business services, streamlining business processes, investment promotion, exports, trade, private sector engagement, workforce skills development, and improving competitiveness of micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs)
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Team Leader or equivalent experience leading a complex economic development project
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, technical and analytical skills, including an ability to interact effectively with government counterparts and regional networks and partner organizations
- Possess solid and persuasive, interpersonal and communication skills desired; and
- An advanced degree in relevant academic field (Economics, Political Science, MBA or JD)
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a CV in English via email to DAINepalRecruitment@dai.com by June 30, 2020. Qualified individuals will be contacted.
All program positions will be contingent upon DAI being awarded the contract and the donor approving all proposed candidates.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.