Job DescriptionPosition Summary
International Resources Group, a subsidiary of RTI International, is currently seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation activity in Nigeria, focused on the following areas: creating professionally managed and commercially oriented State Water Boards, •improving the financial and operational viability of State Water Boards, strengthening policy, institutional and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services and building national and state WASH advocacy, coordination and communication for reform. The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall activity management and delivery.
- Responsible for leading the strategic planning for the program, including annual work plans; ensure close coordination with USAID and program partners and stakeholders.
- Lead the design and implementation of activities in expanding citizen participation, strengthening government responsiveness and adopting social accountability.
- Responsible for ensuring quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award, including harmonization and effective coordination across components.•
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts and the sector stakeholders.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Nigeria, government counterparts, and RTI home office. Confer with USAID on administrative and technical matters; adjust programs and operations to ensure responsiveness with technical direction.
- Oversee project management, technical work, scheduling, and deadlines associated with the project.• Ability to assign specific tasks and duties as necessary to fulfil deliverables.
- Ensure all activities conform to the terms and conditions of project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters. Identify issues and risks to implementation in a timely manner; recommend appropriate course corrections and solutions.
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all program deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the project.
- Directly supervise and mentor project staff.
•Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Master•s or Ph.D.) in water resources management, environmental sanitation, water supply management, business administration, international development or other relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible international work experience required with significant management or supervisory roles
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Water/sanitation utility establishment, management, privatization, and/or reform; Water/sanitation service delivery and reform, including both provision and regulation; Water sector financing, including tariff structures and reform, operation and maintenance financing, cost recovery, capital improvements and system expansion, etc.
- Prior Chief of Party or equivalent experience on USAID projects preferred
- Previous experience working in Nigeria strongly preferred
- Firm understanding of the water and sanitation sector, its institutions, and strategies for sector strengthening and improvement
- Verbal and written fluency in the English languages along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
- Position is contingent upon award and funding.
About the OrganizationIDG International Resources Group