Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated $25M-$49.9M USAID-funded project in Nigeria. The goal of this program is to increase the resilience of vulnerable households, particularly those affected by climate change. The number of years in the program is currently unspecified.
The COP will be the primary point of contact with USAID/Nigeria with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the award. The COP will have overall responsibility for the project, ensuring quality control and the appropriateness and overall responsiveness of all activities performed. The COP will provide strategic vision and will manage relationships with high level host country and USAID representatives.
* Provides overall management of the program, including technical implementation, staff and partner oversight, and monitoring and evaluation.
* Responsible for meeting program targets, as well as ensuring the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
* Ensures the establishment and maintenance of systems for project operations as well as compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
* Acts as the primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
* Responsible for effective written reports and oral presentations regarding the program.
* Represents Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
* Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
* Master’s degree in international development, agriculture, business administration or other related areas.
* At least 7 years of senior leadership experience managing donor-funded projects of similar size and scope.
* Experience with resiliency and multi-sectoral programs that address livelihoods, rural development, food security and climate change.
* Experience managing USAID contracts, preferred.
* Demonstrated experience stimulating participation across ethnic, religious, and language groups as well as participation by women and youth.
* Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with national and local government counterparts and civil society organizations.
* Prior experience implementing development programs in Africa, particularly Nigeria, is preferred.
* Fluency in written and spoken English required .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.