CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Orora Wihaze Activity in Rwanda. The purpose of this Activity is to sustainably increase the availability, access, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The Activity will strengthen and develop a private-sector led animal source food value chain and increase demand for animal source foods through nutrition and behavior change communications.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in international development projects, including USAID project, is required;
- Prior experience managing development projects of a comparable size and scope in developing countries required;
- Experience managing projects with nutrition, livestock, and market systems development;
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge of, and commitment to inclusiveness, including engaging women and youth in project activities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required, experience managing a USAID-funded program highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff;
- Master’s degrees in a relevant field, such as international development, nutrition, and agriculture, required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required; knowledge of other local languages preferred;
- Experience in Rwanda or Central and/or East Africa preferred
About the Organization
Founded in 1985, CNFA manages a portfolio of nearly $300 million in 18 countries. CNFA applies market-system approaches that engage local stakeholders to strengthen value chains and increase incomes, competitiveness, and employment for smallholder farmers and agribusinesses. CNFA programs strengthen the organizational and technical capacity of agribusinesses, cooperatives, and associations (including women’s and youth groups) to support farmers and promote the uptake of improved technologies and techniques to enhance productivity and natural resource management. We improve business and management practices of farmers and agribusiness and increase their access to affordable financial services. We also facilitate strong business linkages between smallholders and suppliers of quality inputs, service providers, buyers, and profitable markets.