Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Resource Mobilization Activity in Pakistan. This four-year activity seeks to improve the KP government’s revenue mobilization capacity, delivery systems, and processes to increase its own source revenue. The project will decrease the dependence on federal transfers and increase its ability to finance its development expenditures, contributing to Pakistan’s journey to self-reliance. The project will focus on three objectives: increased voluntary compliance, improved efficiency of revenue management, and improved coordination frameworks within and across taxation systems. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic managerial and technical matters
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensure that the work plan, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting efforts are aligned with contract requirements, program objectives, and USAID guidance
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Pakistan, Pakistani counterparts, and other program stakeholders
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify program assistance to achieve results, ensuring that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Advanced degree in economics, public finance, public administration, public policy, business administration, or other relevant technical fields
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in some or all of the following areas: public financial management, tax administration, domestic revenue mobilization and fiscal policy reform
- Minimum of five years of experience as a chief of party, deputy chief of party, or team leader, preferably in Pakistan, is preferred
- Demonstrated capability to engage government counterparts and relevant project stakeholders to implement tax reforms and best practices
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams in complex activities
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Urdu or Pashtu is preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to KPRevenueCOP@chemonics.com by November 20, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.