Palladium seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Transparent Accountable Public Investment (TAPI) activity in Peru. The principal aim of the five-year project worth $10M-$25M is to control corruption in the use of public funds via an “integrity network” approach through which assistance can immediately be applied to selected public works and achieve wider effects in preventing corruption over time.
The COP oversees all Contractor activities for this program and provides overall technical oversight and management. The COP oversees the relationship between the Contractor and USAID/Peru. Further, the COP leads project strategic planning, work plan preparation, project implementation, and performance monitoring and evaluation. He/she manages field office staff and field office operations and is responsible for overseeing the administrative aspects of management of all subcontractors. All programmatic and strategic aspects of the project fall under the responsibilities of the COP.
* Lead technical direction and strategy development for implementation (including drafting project work plans), and ensure an integrated vision across components and partners
* Oversee all Contractor activities for this program and provide overall technical oversight and management
* Ensure effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with USAID regulations and Palladium policies and procedures
* Ensure overall quality and cost effectiveness, and establish and maintain robust and adaptive knowledge management and M&E systems
* Serve as the key liaison between USAID, host-country counterparts, project partners, and Palladium.
* Manage field office operations and ensure that their work is in concert with overall objectives
* Manage subcontractors, both international and local, to ensure that their performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements.
* Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant area is required.
* Minimum 7 years as COP, Director, or TL on programs, with strong preference for past USAID COP experience.
* At least 10 years working in the areas of transparency & accountability, anti-corruption, civic engagement, public finance management, civic mobilization, and public procurement.
* Understanding of the Peruvian context.
* Knowledge of USAID contract management, policies, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements is strongly preferred.
* Strong leadership, program, organizational management and oral and written communication skills.
* Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.