Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Natural Resource Security and Management Project in the Philippines. The five-year project seeks to strengthen environmental resilience by improving the governance of natural resources. In addition, the project will target natural-resource insecurity by reducing conservation crimes and developing the natural resources sector to address the supply of and demand for natural resources. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction and serve as the primary contact with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensure that the work plan, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting efforts align with contract requirements, program objectives, and USAID guidance
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the government of the Philippines, local partners, and other stakeholders
- Monitor and modify program assistance to achieve results, ensuring that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Advanced degree in natural resource management, forestry, biology, environmental science, business administration, or another relevant technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in some or all of the following areas: natural resource management, forest management, anti–wildlife trafficking, wetlands and aquatic ecosystem management, biodiversity conservation, community-based natural resource management, and sustainable livelihoods
- Minimum of five years as a chief of party, deputy chief of party, or team leader in the Indo-Pacific required; experience in the Philippines preferred
- Ability to engage government counterparts and relevant project stakeholders to effectively implement
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English; proficiency in Filipino is preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to AsiaNRMCOP@chemonics.com by November 22, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.