Chemonics seeks a chief of party based in Manila, Philippines for the USAID/ Philippines Delivering Effective Government for Competitiveness and Inclusive Growth (DELIVER) project. DELIVER is a 5-year project which aims to transform the economic trajectory in the Philippines. This project will build on previous economic development efforts through the Philippine government. Specifically, this activity will strengthen the Philippines government through the development of the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of its institutions. The project will also improve private sector access to finance and markets through buyer-led market driven approaches. DELIVER will achieve these goals through three components: Fiscal reform and public financial management, Infrastructure Development, and Improving MSME Competitiveness. We are looking for individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The chief of party will be responsible for the overall management and oversight of the project which will ingrain IT/modernization across all three project components.
- Provide strategic vision, direction, and leadership for overall in-country activity management, technical oversight, and synergies across program objectives
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day implementation and contract management
- Provide overall program leadership, management, and technical direction, ensuring a common vision across different components and actors
- Lead a diverse team of international and local experts to achieve program targets, produce deliverables, and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders, governments counterparts, and other donors
- Serve as the program’s primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners
- Ensure that all assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision
- Directly implement the program’s strategic long-term vision
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Master’s degree in economics, business, finance (public and/or business), public policy and administration or similar fields
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in managing projects of similar size and scope
- Work experience as chief of party, a similar leadership position, or a demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex donor-funded projects with multiple activities preferred
- Extensive experience working with project counterparts, particularly senior-level officials from the government, private sector, and civil society
- Demonstrated strong leadership and human resource management skills to lead a diversified team of local and international experts
- Experience working in the Philippines strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills in English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to DELIVERCOPrecruit@chemonics.com by August 31, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.