Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Higher Education Activity. The activity will continue to strengthen Philippine higher education as a key driver of inclusive growth. This activity will build on the significant gains made by the Philippines in addressing the challenges in higher education, innovation, and human capital development, as well as help the sector respond to the medium to long-term effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity, ensuring that activities align with the project’s vision and partners achieve the expected results
- Lead the strategic planning of the project, such as annual work planning; oversee implementation of workplan activities and delivery of annual targets
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Philippines, Philippine counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders; serve as liaison between USAID, government counterparts, program stakeholders, implementing partners, private sector entities, and Chemonics’ program management unit on all program related matters
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively; identify issues and risk associated with implementation in a timely manner and guide appropriate adjustments
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff
- Advanced degree in education, education policy, or other relevant technical fields required; PhD preferred
- Minimum of ten years of technical experience in some or all of the following technical areas: higher education, nonformal education, TVET, workforce development, and capacity development
- Experience leading complex international development programs is required; experience serving as USAID chief of party or other management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development, professional development, systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation, and collaborating, learning, and adapting
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and cooperating with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, private sector businesses, associations, and civil society organizations
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements is required
- Familiarity with Asia, specifically in the education sector; experience in the Philippines is highly desired
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to PhilippinesHEA@chemonics.com by May 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.