Job DescriptionPosition Summary
RTI International is currently seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded water activity in the Philippines, The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall activity management and delivery.
- Lead the provision of water management and planning technical assistance in line with GoP and USAID priorities with attention to water availability and resource management within the multiple sector nexus of water, agriculture, energy and household/business needs.
- Lead the provision of water governance activities spanning enabling environment and prioritized policy mapping and development with attention to local and national needs, multiple sector nexus of water, agriculture, energy and household/business needs.
- Responsible for leading the strategic planning for the program, including annual work plans and adaptive management; ensure close coordination with USAID and Government of Philippines and private sector stakeholders.
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts and the sector stakeholders.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Philippines, government counterparts, and RTI home office. Confer with USAID on administrative and technical matters; adjust programs and operations to ensure responsiveness with technical direction.
- Oversee project management, technical work, scheduling, and deadlines associated with the project.• Ability to assign specific tasks and duties as necessary to fulfill deliverables.
- Ensure all activities conform to the terms and conditions of project requirements, including cost, schedule and quality parameters. Identify issues and risks to implementation in a timely manner; recommend appropriate course corrections and solutions.
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all program deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the project.
- Directly supervise and mentor project staff.
•Required Skills and Qualifications:
••••••••• Advanced degree (Master•s or Ph.D.) in water resources management, environmental sanitation, water supply management, business administration, international development or other relevant field
••••••••• Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible international work experience required with significant management or supervisory roles
••••••••• Minimum of 15 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Water/sanitation governance, long-term planning and reform, including both provision and regulation; Multi-sectoral water resource planning; Water sector financing, including tariff structures and reform, operation and maintenance financing, cost recovery, capital improvements and system expansion, Water/sanitation utility establishment, management, privatization, and/or reform; etc.
••••••••• Prior Chief of Party or equivalent experience on USAID projects preferred
••••••••• Previous experience working in Philippines strongly preferred
••••••••• Firm understanding of the water resource management sector, its institutions, and strategies for sector strengthening and improvement
••••••••• Verbal and written fluency in the English languages along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
••••••••• Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
••••••••• Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representative and senior-level staff.
••••••••• Position is contingent upon award and funding.
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development