Title: Chief of Party
Type: Key Personnel
Location: Manila, Philippines
Status: Contingent Upon Contract Award
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech Systems, Inc. is seeking a senior-level, experienced Chief of Party (COP) to lead the anticipated 5-year USAID-funded, Evidence-driven Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) activity in the Philippines. This activity will bolster the capacity of the USAID/Philippines Mission to effectively lead and practice CLA, which has the broader goal of enhancing USAID’s development effectiveness. The Contractor will work closely with USAID/Philippines to integrate CLA principles into the mission’s work — helping staff to strategically collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders, adopt a culture of continuous learning, and adaptive management to achieve greater development impact.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party (COP) is the overall leader of the in-country Evidence-Driven CLA team. S/he shall concurrently serve as the managing director of CLA activities on the project and shall be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient performance of all aspects of this contract, including provision of oversight, maintaining acceptable standards of quality for all assigned tasks and expected deliverables, including overall responsibility for leading and coordinating all activities, deliverables, and management of staff. The COP shall serve as the main point of contact between USAID and DevTech, frequently serving as a facilitator or co-facilitator of high-level discussions and fora among USAID staff and partners regarding learning and adaptive management. S/he is charged with working closely with, and coaching USAID staff to ensure that CLA leadership is fully assumed by mission staff by the end of the Contract.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong human resources, financial and administrative managerial experience
- Teamwork, collaboration, interpersonal communications, and problem solving
- Adept at handling complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Cross-cultural familiarity and comfort, including working with host-country officials at high levels
- Working knowledge and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Master’s degree in business, law, public administration, economics or other relevant social science field
- 15-years of progressively responsible professional experience involving international development
- Prior experience serving as COP on a USAID-funded project, with involvement in performance management programming
- Prior experience working in Asian cultures
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills in English
- Previous work experience in the Philippines
- Strong networks with Philippine technical experts within the following field; learning, monitoring, evaluation, research, economic growth, governance, health, education and environment.
About the Organization
*Please note that this opportunity is contingent upon award, no commitment is necessary at this time, but if you are interested, we would love to discuss this possibility with you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.