DT Global is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to oversee the technical and operational implementation of USAID’s upcoming Better Access and Connectivity (BEACON) project in the Philippines. The project will seek to promote better access and connectivity in the Philippines by (a) improving the quality of its ICT and logistics infrastructure, (b) improving the enabling environment and regulatory governance; and (c) strengthening cybersecurity protections.
The COP is response for overall leadership, technical, project management, and administrative leadership of the project. S/he is the primary liaison with USAID/Indonesia and all other stakeholders. The COP provides the strategic vision for managing the activity objectives by coordinating and ensuring that all component, cross-cutting, and operations teams are working in tandem and assuring there is close coordination with USAID/Philippines, other donors, the private sector, government institutions, and local and international organizations.
· Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
· Supervise technical and administrative staff
· Apply his/her extensive knowledge of USAID Regulations and Compliance
· Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners
· Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision to achieve project goals and maximize impact
· Oversees work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
· Work with HQ to make sure that the project is executed according to the vision of all stakeholders.
· Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in economics, business, finance, public policy and administration, computer or communications engineering, or similar ICT fields.
· Experience working in the Philippines preferred, but not required
· At least fifteen (15) years of experience managing projects that are similar in size and scope
· Strong facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
· Experience with adaptive management approaches
· Personnel and resource management, coordination, and decision-making skills along with an ability to troubleshoot
· Demonstrated leadership, flexibility and resourcefulness.
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com