FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party for USAID Tuberculosis Platforms for Sustainable Detection, Care and Treatment
The COP is expected to have strategic vision, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise in infectious disease and public health service programming and delivery, professional reputation, management experience, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the Activity Description. S/he will have principal responsibility of representing the activity to USAID. S/he will also have experience interacting with other development projects, host country governments, and international agencies. Specific experience in one or more of the main technical components of the program is required.
The position shall be based out of Manilla, Philippines and for a period of 5 years. The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Overall responsibility for management of all activity interventions and staff to achieve results
- Responsible for managerial leadership and administrative oversight of the activity and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID
- Manage a team of senior staff and sub-partners and guaranteequality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the activity
- Oversee operational procedures and policies, financial controls, and other management functions including management of subawardees, the latter with the help of the component Team Leader
● An advanced degree (at least Master’s level) in medicine, public health, international development, public administration, economics, or in a closely related field is required
● Minimum 12 years of demonstrated experience designing, executing, managing and evaluating public health programs is required
● Minimum of 5 years of executive leadership experience implementing international (outside of the Philippines) public health -preferably infectious disease- projects or programs of a similar size and scope as “TB Platforms”
● Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and project implementation based on evidence-driven decision making
● Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders. Experience in interacting
positively with co-workers, government agencies, host country governments and
counterparts, and international donor agencies
● Demonstrated experience implementing health sector and health systems strengthening activities or programs
● Experience with incorporating gender and vulnerable population needs into programming.
● Strong organizational skills including people, task and time management.
● Strong communication and presentation skills particularly to GPH officials and other key stakeholders.
● Management experience with US government or other donor agency agreements is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.