Democracy International, Inc. (DI) is seeking a qualified Chief of Party for the two-year USAID-funded M&E project. The project will provide performance management, training, and assessment technical and administrative support to the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Office of Cuban Affairs. The work location for this position will be in Washington, D.C. This position would be contingent on the award of the project to DI.
- Provide overall management and technical expertise for DI’s M&E program with USAID/LAC/C;
- Oversee the development and implementation of financial tracking systems and coordinate and monitor project budgets to ensure all expenditures are in compliance with DI and donor regulations and within the scope of the program’s long-term budget;
- Responsible for providing vision and overall leadership to the team and managing the timely and quality progress of the project’s key activities including the development, management, and coordination of the monitoring, evaluation, and training approach, as well as the work plan and tools development;
- Overall technical lead or oversight in managing evaluations, developing evaluation methodologies; developing indicators, collecting and analyzing data, and assuring data quality; developing performance management plans (PMPs) and building LAC/Cuba capacity; developing and reviewing project monitoring, evaluation, and learning (ME&L) plans and building implementing partner capacity; and other related areas;
- Represent DI externally at meetings, workshops, and other events;
- Oversee all activities related to monitoring, evaluation, and training services and ensure production and completion of quality reports in line with the project scope of work’s requirements.
- Act as a key liaison with USAID in Washington and USAID implementing partners.
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Management, Development, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, or other discipline related to development assistance;
- 10+ years of progressively responsible management experience, with 5+ years leading project management teams;
- 10+ years conducting evaluations and/or assessments of various sizes and scopes in developing countries;
- Formal training in monitoring and evaluation strongly preferred;
- Knowledge and experience in performance and impact evaluation designs, methodologies and practical approaches, including baseline data collection methodologies;
Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and team management skills preferred;
- Familiarity with USAID objectives, approaches and operations preferred;
- Working in closed environments such as Cuba preferred; experience working in Cuba strongly preferred;
- Subject matter experience with humanitarian assistance preferred;
- English and Spanish fluency required.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Please note that DI’s recruitment for this position is contingent upon award.
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.