The purpose of the project is to implement dynamic, catalytic, scalable, and responsive HIV service delivery packages for KP/PP to accelerate the Dominican Republic’s HIV response to achieve 90-90-90 targets while effecting positive change on the health system to remove barriers that prevent the DR from reaching 90- 90-90.
The COP is responsible for overseeing the successful achievement of the entire project vision, objectives, deliverables, and impact; communication with the USAID mission on work planning, contract reporting, and technical progress; liaison with Indian government and other partner organizations; supervising technical and finance/admin team leaders. The COP reports to FHI 360 headquarters management.
- Master’s degree required in one of the following or related fields: Health Communication, Public Affairs, Development Studies, Public Health, Social Marketing, Social Sciences;
- 13 year(s) of relevant experience required with a master’s degree or a PhD with a minimum of eight years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Management experience leading multi-million dollar USAID-funded projects;
- Applied knowledge of public health and behavior change and communication in national or state-level donor projects;
- Technical skills in capacity strengthening and experience in two or more health areas (, HIV/AIDs, Health Economy, Public-Private Partnerships, Organizational Strengthening, Health Commodities Supply Chain, Health Informatics) preferred;
- Program management and implementation experience in LAC or the immediate region;
- A solid understanding and appreciation of USAID and USAID project processes, procedures and protocols.
- Skills and abilities must demonstrate the ability to manage, lead and provide oversight of financial and operations aspects of the project as well as;
- Ability to identify, address and resolve communication issues within the project and with external project stakeholders;
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with USAID, host governments at the national and state levels, and personnel within the project;
- Ability to manage and lead a team and to catalyze the work of other technical specialists for program planning and implementation;
- Strong technical and programming skills as well as effective financial and staff management abilities required;
- Ability to plan, set priorities, meet deadlines and multitask;
- Ability to work with multiple organizations simultaneously and coordinate a diverse set of activities;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner;
- Solid negotiating skills;
- Ability to produce exceptional quality and a strong commitment to work.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.