Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID funded program in Bangladesh. Tetra Tech is seeking to hire a qualified Chief of Party to lead all technical and administrative aspects of an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded ecosystem-based conservation initiative.
The purpose of the activity is to advance co-management strategies to enable local communities to more effectively manage natural resources, safeguard critical ecosystems and biodiversity, and integrate ecosystem-based management into an environmental governance framework. The Activity will collaborate with and engage national government and local partners (government and non-government) in the effective management, protection and governance of critical forest and aquatic systems while advancing economic incentives to further biodiversity conservation targeting communities in regions with key biodiversity areas such as the Khulna Division with the Sundarbans Reserve Forest, the ecologically critical forest and wetland zones of northeastern Bangladesh in the Sylhet Division, and the forest and coastal zones in the Chittagong Division (excluding the Chittagong Hill Tracts).
* Minimum of 7 years in director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Asia Pacific Region, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project.
* Not less than 10 years’ project experience working in one or more technical disciplines: ecosystems-based conservation, hydrology/water resources, natural resources management, public policy and governance, conservation finance, sustainable livelihoods, or other relevant technical areas.
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
* Excellent communication skills in English.
* Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Bangladesh desired.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.