Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm, is recruiting a full-time Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID Regional Economic Growth (REG) project. The purpose of this project is to promote broad based, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in Eastern and Central Europe and the Caucuses through greater intraregional economic integration and harmonization in the region and with other markets. The COP will be based in the region (Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, or Ukraine) and may be from any of the Eastern/Central Europe countries or the Caucuses. The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for technical leadership and project management to:
- Manage and implement all aspects of the project including technical, administrative, management and operational.
- Design and deliver technical trainings in the areas of trade, business enabling environment and/or financial sector reform.
- Design and oversee regional workshops on technical topics.
- Serve as a point of contact with USAID and host country government counterparts for all project activities and deliverables.
- Ensure quality control over all project activities.
- 10-15 years of experience managing competitiveness (trade and policy reform) and/or financial sector reform projects.
- Experience in value chain development approaches.
- Working knowledge and experience implementing USAID funded projects.
- Experience working on donor projects in South-East, Central Europe and/or the Caucuses.
- Ability to work diplomatically with high level government officials.
- Ability to work at a professional level in English, including reading, writing and making oral presentations.
- Experience in managing a multi-component economic growth project in a transition environment.
- Graduate or Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, law, or an area relevant to development of the private sector competitiveness and/or financial sector reform from an accredited institution.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants should submit their application with cover letter and résumé on our website by February 2, 2013.