Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program Niger. Resilient Governance in Niger (RGN) will serve as the leading governance activity of the USAID’s Resilience in the Sahel - Enhanced II (RISE II) project. A weakness identified in the RISE project has been the absence of a cohesive approach to addressing core local governance deficits that impede service delivery and citizen accountability, stymie community resilience, and increase vulnerability to violent extremism. RGN is intended to address this gap under RISE II.
* Providing overall management of the project, including liaising and coordinating with USAID and Tetra Tech’s home office;
* Ensuring quality oversight of all services and products provided by the project, including those from long-term and short-term staff and subcontractors;
* Provide technical leadership in the areas of good governance and decentralization;
* Lead the overall technical implementation of project activities and interventions;
* Manage all aspects of project administration and coordination with the home office;
* Document and report on project activities, manage timely delivery of outputs, finalize technical and quality control review of project deliverables, and share project successes and lessons learned;
* Supervise the preparation of work plans, progress reports, financial reports, logistics reports, and other related documents;
* Supervise staff, consultants, and subcontractors;
* Serve as the primary liaison with USAID through its Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR);
* Serve as the primary point of contact for counterpart governments, other donors, private sector entities, and other key stakeholders in the region.
* Minimum of a graduate degree in political science, economics, or a related field;
* At least 10 years of professional experience in good governance, decentralization, or a related field;
* Minimum of 8-10 years of senior-level experience in managing complex programs required, including prior Chief of Party, Team Leader, or Technical Director experience with outstanding project management, leadership, change/ transformation management, and strong technical skills; preferably with USAID funded projects;
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders (national-level and regional-level government; civil society; private sector), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, co-creation and implementation of local solutions, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable;
* Experience developing or leading communications and outreach programs desirable;
* Excellent collaboration and coordination skills required;
* Outstanding intercultural communications skills;
* Experience in Niger or West Africa preferred;
* Fluency in English and French is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.