Job Title: Chief of Party I, Recovery in Sudan for Improved Nutrition and Growth (RISING)
Department: CRS Sudan
Reports To: Country Representative
Location: Khartoum, with 50% travel to Darfur States
This position is contingent on donor funding.
The Chief of Party (CoP) manage and provide technical oversight on the implementation of an anticipated second phase USAID-project entitled, “Recovery in Sudan for Improved Nutrition and Growth (RISING).” The project currently provides recovery livelihood and nutrition services across three states of Darfur, the anticipated second phase of funding will enable the program to expand in scope and scale across all five states within Darfur. RISING complements CRS Sudan’s DFID-funded Taadoud II program, which focuses on natural resource management, resilience, and food security across Darfur in consortium with five international organizations, private sector, local and technical partners.
The CoP will ensure that the Sudan Country Program delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its emergency response, recovery, and resilience programming.
Education and Experience
* Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of resilience and food security required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* At least 7 years of management and technical experience on similar programs.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
* Track record of managing large and diverse teams.
* Demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening, capacity building and market-based approached to water management.
* Capacity to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded programs and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
* Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
* Experience with USAID rules, regulations and requirements.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: N/A, Arabic is a plus
Travel Required: Willingness to travel 50% of the time
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Accountability and Stewardship
* Build Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Continuous Improvement and Innovation
* Strategic Mindset
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS's Agriculture and Livelihoods team supports farming communities using our Pathway to Prosperity approach, which enables rural families to increase their productivity within sustainable landscapes, achieve a living income and build more resilient communities.