ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Rural Agricultural Enterprises Development Activity in Zambia. The Rural Agricultural Enterprises Development activity will focus on facilitating access to finance for rural Small and Medium Enterprises (SME). The activity will work to address financial service providers’ barriers to lending to SMEs and address barriers that limit agricultural enterprises’ ability to seek and qualify for loans.
The Chief of Party for this program will ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors, and is responsible achieving the program results. The Chief of Party will identify program implementation issues and risks in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. H/She will act as the key liaison between USAID/Zambia and all other counterparts, implementing partners involved with the program. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing countries and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines. The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Lead a team of technical experts and facilitators to engage a large number of business development services providers, networking organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to successfully and sustainably achieve project goals.
- Use a market-led, facilitation-based, locally-driven and adaptive management approach to project implementation.
- Facilitate the development of the project’s evolving theory of change, oversee the implementation of the work plan, and track progress towards core indicators and learning objectives.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, sharing learning, presenting progress, troubleshooting, and securing buy-in for strategic improvements that enable the project to maximize the scale and sustainability of its impact and the value of USAID’s investment.
- Engage, coordinate, and collaborate with other donors and implementing partners active in the ecosystem.
- Master’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible international work experience implementing USAID funded programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills. Experience should include programs focusing on access to finance, agribusiness, Small Medium Enterprises and similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience of projects of similar complexity with experience with direct supervision of professional, managing teams and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- Regional experience required.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the OrganizationACDI/VOCA is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes broad-based economic growth and the development of civil society in emerging democracies and developing countries. Offering a comprehensive range of technical assistance services, ACDI/VOCA addresses the most pressing and intractable development problems.
Driven by the goal of adding value to local enterprise, which underlies prosperity and stability, ACDI/VOCA works in five main practice areas:
* Enterprise Development
* Financial Services
* Community Development
* Food Security
The ACDI/VOCA Difference
ACDI/VOCA has a proven record of development success dating back more than 45 years. This experience coupled with operational integrity, technical expertise and the ability to operate at scale means that clients and partners can always expect positive results from ACDI/VOCA.
ACDI/VOCA is also distinguished by its:
* identity as a nonprofit that means business
* proficiency at grassroots, self-help organizing
* private sector and market orientation
* dedication to beneficiary gains in income, jobs and savings
* leadership in value chain approaches to enterprise development
* legacy of lasting institutions and organizations
* vast talent bank
* experience working on a regional/global scale
* network of U.S. and international partners
* systems approach to technical solutions and operations
* grants-management capacity
* cutting-edge approaches to fragile/failing states, trade capacity building, public-private partnership, information and communications technology and integrated HIV/AIDS programming
* experience with large indefinite quantity contracts (IQCs)