Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party to lead the anticipated USAID funded Rwanda Ororo Wihaze program . This program will support improved agriculture and food security for Rwandan communities.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the program, working directly with the USAID Mission to ensure that project goals are achieved.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Supervise program staff.
* Oversee project planning and ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, performance, and financial reports.
* Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Global Communities and donor resources.
* Provide oversight of the project’s financial management and procurement systems to ensure they are in line with donor regulations and Global Communities’ policies.
* Make key decisions and solve problems under tight deadlines while ensuring operational and program integrity.
* Maintain a strong network of key partners and stakeholders to ensure that the project is represented on appropriate steering committees and advisory groups.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as agriculture, nutrition, or international development; advanced degree preferred;
* Chief of Party or senior leadership experience managing programs greater than $20M; familiarity with USAID policies, procedures, and reporting requirements required;
* Minimum of five years of progressively increasing experience designing, leading and implementing community development, civic engagement/civil society, public administration, or institutional capacity development programs;
* Experience working closely with and supporting local communities in complex and challenging environments. Experience in Rwanda is preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a variety of stakeholders, including donors, local government, civil society, and private sector;
* Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of French desirable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.