Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a resident Chief of Party position on an anticipated USAID funded program to reduce violence and irregular migration in Honduras.
Position Description/Summary: The position is full-time, resident in Honduras, and is contingent upon contract award. The COP will serve as the overall project manager and team leader for the Sembrando Esperanza Activity. S/he will serve as the main point of contact with Tetra Tech’s home office, USAID, public and private sector partners, civil society, local community stakeholders, and academia. Expected term of appointment is between three and five years.
* Provide vision and overall leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of technical experts in the fields of violence prevention and irregular migration prevention as well as youth and family empowerment.
* Serve as primary point of contact with USAID/Honduras to facilitate technical, financial, and administrative implementation of project activities.
* Liaise with Honduran government officials, local community stakeholders, civil society, academia, private sector, and other USAID-funded activities.
* Oversee preparation and submission of technical and financial reports required by USAID/Honduras.
* Collaborate closely with home office staff to ensure compliance of contracts, finance, and operations related issues.
* Provide thought leadership through development of innovative approaches to reduce irregular migration and violence, using evidenced-base decision making tools.
* Manage the overall project budget including forecast expenditure reports and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
* Master’s degree in social work, psychology, law, public or business administration, or any related field.
* 10+ years of experience working on similar youth empowerment and violence prevention programs, with at least six years of leadership experience implementing USAID/donor-funded programs.
* Senior management experience implementing violence prevention and youth empowerment initiatives in Latin America, with Northern Triangle experience preferred.
* Proven record of excellent management, strong administrative and organizational skills, strategic thinking and decision-making, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including being a strong writer and articulate speaker.
* Fluency in Spanish is required, as is the ability to review and edit documents written in English.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Three references
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/COPforHondurasSEA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.