Position: Chief of Party/Senior Technical Expert, Anti-Corruption
Reports To: Deputy Director of Media, Technology, and Civil Society
Division: Media, Technology, and Civil Society
Summary of Position
IREX seeks Chief of Party and Senior Technical Expert candidates for anticipated Anti-Corruption programs. The expected programs will likely focus on contributing to democratic stabilization, reconciliation, and further development of countries by strengthening civil society to participate in the decision and policymaking processes at all government levels in all fields of governance.
Positions are contingent on funding.
IREX COPs maintain overall responsibility for meeting program objectives and are based in the country of performance. Among other duties COPs:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership, ensuring that all program objectives are met.
- Serve as point of contact for donor, ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with government and civil society representatives.
- Oversee and manage implementing partner relationships.
- Liaise and collaborate with national and local government officials.
- Design and manage delivery of capacity building programs for local and municipal governments and agencies.
- Manage and mentor project staff.
- Coordinate with IREX home office, ensuring that organizational and USG policies are implemented faithfully.
- Oversee financial management, administration, compliance, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on program activities.
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development
Senior Technical Expert duties could include:
- Provide creative vision, technical design, and implementation oversight to anti-corruption programs, with focus on contributing to democratic stabilization, reconciliation, and/or strengthening civil society to participate in decision and policymaking processes.
- Ensure that activities and milestones are implemented on track and that deliverables are of high quality.
- Contribute to the development of annual plans, work plans, and reports.
- Manage project staff and implementing partners.
- Maintain effective working relationships with local partners and stakeholders, including government officials.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7-10 years of professional experience in fighting against corruption in developing countries.
- Experience in drafting or assisting in drafting of recommendations and guidelines pertaining to anticorruption policies and legislation;
- Master’s degree in international development or other relevant field preferred.
- Experience in international anti-corruption instruments as well as anti-corruption tools and measures.
- Experience working on civil society-related projects addressing anti-corruption issues.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with local government partners, civil society, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work on a multi-national and multi-partner team.
- Experience managing donor-funded activities required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff, manage budgets and plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives
- Strong representational and organizational skills required
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required; knowledge of additional languages preferred
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers and click on Current Openings. Then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
About the Organization
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 120 countries.