Chemonics seeks a chief of party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Serbia New Agribusiness Competitiveness Project. This five-year, $4-10 million project intends to continue addressing major obstacles in the food-processing industry by transitioning already established market-system models and replicating them into new value chains, as well as to improve or establish new models.
The chief of party, based in Belgrade, is responsible for leading all aspects of contract performance, providing technical guidance to all tasks under the contract, and representing Chemonics’ activities to outside audiences. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and day-to-day operation oversight and administration for all project activities and results
- Lead the strategic planning of the project, including annual work plans, and provide overall vision and strategic planning for implementation
- Ensure effective engagement coordination with private sector partners, business associations, governmental counterparts, and donor community
- Ensure project compliance with all contractual and administrative requirements, with support from home office and operations/finance team
- Maintain a professional and productive partnership with USAID
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of a team of local technical and administrative staff
- Advanced degree or equivalent in agribusiness, economics, finance, food processing, or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience supervising complex, fast-paced, politically oriented field operations, at least three years as chief of party or deputy chief of party, or equivalent
- Experience managing or implementing similar agribusiness, trade promotion and/or market-systems programs that involve building relationships with government, business community and other stakeholders; grant-making; and training
- Experience in the Western Balkans strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal, managerial, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English required; proficiency in Serbian is preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Serbia New Agribusiness Competitiveness Chief of Party” in the subject line to Serbiaagribusiness@chemonics.com no later than August 15, 2020. We will review applications on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.