Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID energy activity in Serbia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responsible for overall program leadership and management, including development of contract deliverables and maintaining working relationship with the client
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to match USAID requirements
- Manage productive working relations with relevant Serbian government counterparts and entities, and maintain effective coordination with other donor and international organizations’ activities and programs in the energy sector
- Coordinate closely with Chemonics home office on all budget-related matters, bearing primary responsibility for the financial performance of the program
- Monitor the work plan, track implementation, and ensure timely delivery of all contract deliverables
- Coordinate and oversee all technical and consulting services provided by professional expatriate and local staff, including support staff and short-term consultants
- Motivate staff to a high level of performance toward achieving program objectives through effective communication, teambuilding, incentives, and overall awareness and responsiveness to varying staff activities, roles, and responsibilities
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating program climate that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with the laws and regulations of the client, Serbian government, and Chemonics International.
- Lead the project’s technical team and provide quality control of products prepared by them
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the client and ensure compliance with all applicable USAID and host-country regulations
- Advanced degree in Energy/Environmental Policy, Economics/Finance, Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in leading and managing energy sector reform and/or leveraging public and private sector investment in infrastructure development
- Demonstrated experience in energy sector development
- Experience in implementing programs in the Europe and Eurasia region, preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory work experience including supervision of technical teams and energy professionals as well as subcontractor partners to effectively respond to complex assignments
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies (USG and host), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society and consumers
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- An excellent record working with USAID or other donors on energy sector reform programs
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- English fluency required, Serbian language skills preferred
Please send electronic submissions with recent CV and cover letter to SRB-EnergyRecruit@chemonics.com by April 23, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.