TRG seeks a highly qualified Chief of Party with strong experience and passion for improving development outcomes through more effective practices in learning, knowledge management, and communications. This is an active procurement, interested parties should respond immediately. This position is contingent on project award and funding. Award is anticipated in April/May 2018.
The Chief of Party will lead a team that serves four client offices in USAID/E3 (Water, Global Climate Change, Energy and Infrastructure, and Forestry and Biodiversity). S/he will work closely with staff of TRG, our partners on SEEK, our clients in USAID, and other USAID implementing partners.
SEEK (Sharing Environment and Energy Knowledge) will enhance development impact through activities under four key tasks: training, communications, knowledge management, and facilitation/ organizational development. SEEK is planned to be a two-year program, with three one-year option periods. Its objectives are to improve staff knowledge, skills and abilities; support knowledge creation, capture and use, and share knowledge internally and among a wide range of stakeholders; enhance communication and outreach to inform and engage key audiences using multiple approaches and channels; and strengthen organizational capacity for greater efficiency and learning for improved development impact.
From the Solicitation:
This contract consists of a range of activities, with numerous counterparts and participants. The Chief of Party shall be a senior level professional with environment, international development, and managerial experience. The Chief of Party will provide vision, strategic direction, leadership, and overall management to the contract, and will ultimately be responsible for ensuring activities performed under the contract meet the expectations as described in the statement of work for the range of tasks in this contract. Therefore, the Chief of Party position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge of the subject matter, experience in developing training, communications, and knowledge management tools, and skills to ensure coherence and consistency under tight deadlines. The Chief of Party will be the primary point-of-contact for the USAID COR for all matters pertaining to the contract. USAID will assume that all decisions rendered by the Chief of Party are taken with the full authority of the Contractor. While the Chief of Party must be readily accessible to the COR by telephone or email, it is at the discretion of the Contractor where the COR will be physically located, but must be in the metro-Washington, D.C., area.
The Chief of Party must have the following qualifications:
· M.S. or higher degree in a relevant field, plus fifteen (15) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing training or communications programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
· Ten years of progressive supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff; and assembling teams of professionals to respond to complex assignments.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· Extensive experience within the USAID operating environment
· Experience in or a demonstrated understanding of programs to support learning, knowledge management, and communications in a global development context
· An appreciation of organizational development/organizational learning principles and practices
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience managing a highly professional and dedicated team
· Effective meeting manager, with emphasis on facilitation
· Readiness to serve as a strategic thinking partner with our client in addition to being a responsive implementer and superlative manager
· Appreciation and knowledge of the contract/program management and financial issues
Training Resources Group, Inc. (TRG) is an employee-owned consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia. TRG provides learning, knowledge management, communications, organizational development and training services for U.S. government agencies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations and private sector/commercial clients.
TRG is an equal employment opportunity employer M/F/D/V. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with TRG depends solely on your qualifications