Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated four-year USAID-funded program in Cambodia which will engage with Cambodian youth-led groups and foster the development and use of innovative approaches – including tools and platforms based on digital technologies – to promote information sharing aimed at improving public services (e.g., health, education, municipal services). The Chief of Party with be based in Phnom Penh, and will oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Citizens/residents of Cambodia are highly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program and the team; bring dynamic and creative leadership to bring innovation to rigorous program implementation and meeting donor deliverables
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key government officials at the national and municipal level, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations, including youth-led groups
- Ensure project activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office
- Oversee project budgeting, financial management, and compliance
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 12 years of progressive experience, including management experience, in international development, with experience working in Cambodia and/or the South East Asian region strongly preferred
- At least five years in a relevant technical position – youth development, youth leadership, digital technologies, community-based organizations, public service delivery - designing, implementing, and/or managing programs with a service delivery, youth development, and/or digital technologies focus.
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded technical assistance projects (with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience)
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials; youth-led groups, community officials, media, civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives
- Strong understanding of the Cambodian context preferred
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as Education, International Development, Human Services, or Political Science. An advanced degree in a related field is preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in Khmer a plus
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oXob9fwp&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.