Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded South America Regional Initiative for Transnational Conservation Crimes (TCC). Based in Peru with a regional focus on the Amazon basin, the initiative will support an integrated regional strategy to improve the capacity and collaboration of government, civil society, and private sector entities; increase institutional transparency and accountability; and decrease conservation crimes across the Amazon. The initiative will focus on facilitating collaboration among governments and engagement of civil society to address transnational conservation crimes and enhance incentives for licit Amazon supply chains and to reduce production and cross-border trade in illegal natural resource commodities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, including contractual performance, work planning and reporting, and financial and administrative matters
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID and high-level government, private sector, and civil society partners and stakeholders
- Lead the technical team to ensure seamless coordination of strategies and interventions across participating Amazon basin countries and guide teams to achieve core objectives and results
- Advanced degree in environmental and natural resources management or policy, business administration, law, public administration, political science, or a related field
- Minimum 15 years of progressively responsible work experience leading and managing environment, justice, or rural economic development initiatives in Amazon basin countries
- Demonstrated understanding of transboundary conservation challenges in the Amazon basin driven by illegal logging, mining, and wildlife trafficking
- Expertise in cross-sectoral programs addressing conservation, commodities production, trade, and justice system linkages
- Minimum 10 years of experience in senior program management positions for USAID- or other donor-funded development projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop partnerships and create strong working relationships with donors, host-country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required; knowledge of Portuguese an advantage
Please submit your CV and cover letter to AmazonTCCrecruit@chemonics.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.