The Kaizen Company seeks a Chief of Party to lead a proposed local capacity strengthening program for East Timorese CSOs. The program will help select CSOs to build the knowledge and skills required to run an efficient, cost effective, accountable, transparent, and technically proficient organization, targeting both the capabilities of the institution as well as the individuals within the institution.
The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the project, and serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID.
- Master’s degree in management, international development, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in international development, with 5 years in a developing country and at least 5 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated capabilities in institutional capacity development, high-level strategic visioning and leadership and experience in working effectively with local civil society organizations and with USAID or other development partners.
- Exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting, and preferably must have experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Preference for candidates with working proficiency in Portuguese and/or Tetum
This is a long-term position to be based in East Timor. Interested candidates please attach your most recent resume and cover letter to this application as soon as possible.
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (www.thekaizencompany.com) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement.