Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential expert positions on an anticipated USAID funded program focused in the Khatlon region of Tajikistan. The goal of this Activity is to assist the Government of Tajikistan (GOT) to reduce hunger, malnutrition, and poverty of smallholder farmers by developing more productive and efficient agriculture systems, building the resilience of smallholders, and improving the enabling environment to facilitate long-term growth.
The anticipated components of this Activity are:
- Enhanced agriculture systems through improved productivity and access to markets as well as increased availability and consumption of diverse and nutritious foods.
- Strengthened resilience of vulnerable smallholders through diversification of livelihoods, strengthened institutions, improved natural resource management, and increased inclusivity of the agricultural system.
- Improved enabling environment through effective land governance management and systems, access to and use of agronomic and land information for both public and private stakeholders, and a strengthened policy environment at the national and local levels.
Position Description: The COP will be the principal point of contact in Tajikistan for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID’s technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to Activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
* Master’s degree in a relevant field;
* At least twelve (12) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of economic development activities involving agriculture, with preference given to systemic approaches emphasizing sustainability and resilience under a USG funded instrument, especially USAID;
* At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Experience working in the agricultural and economic growth sector in Tajikistan, or significant experience in the Central Asian region with demonstrated knowledge of Tajikistan.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Experience in developing and managing multi-sectoral, multi-donor-funded programs preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, civil society organizations, private sector players, and host country government counterparts;
* Professional fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Tajik or Russian is preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multi-billion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.