Louis Berger is seeking a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded, multi-sector architecture and engineering (A&E) infrastructure program in Tanzania. The program will support ongoing and future requirements for infrastructure design, tendering support, construction management, and community engagement in the power, water, and transportation sectors. The Chief-of-Party will be responsible for all technical aspects of project performance as well as related management requirements such as procurement, personnel, reporting and financial administration. Specifically, the COP must:
- Be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the project and ensuring systems are established and maintained and adequate resources are applied and managed so that all requirements for cost control, quality standards and schedules are met;
- Serve as the single point of contact with the client and home office QA Chief;
- Select and provide technical and administrative direction as well as support all technical experts carry out technical requirements; and
- Ensure quality and control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all tasks.
Minimum Qualifications: The following minimum qualifications are preferred:
- Twenty-one years of professional experience with at least 10 years of experience as a senior project manager for an organization;
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or other relevant degree with commensurate professional experience and Master’s degree is preferable;
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration (or equivalent) preferred;
- Five years of professional experience managing A&E design projects and/or providing construction management services in Tanzania or Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Demonstrated high level organizational, communication, leadership, problem-solving and time management skills;
- Eligible to work throughout Tanzania; and
- Fluent in English.
About the Organization
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within Louis Berger, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.