Global Communities seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Horticulture Activity in Tanzania. This $25M-$49.9M five-year program will increase the commercialization, inclusiveness and competitiveness of horticultural market systems.
* Responsible for all aspects of the project including attainment of goals, reporting, supervision of staff, relationship with government of Tanzania.
* Lead the implementation of a commercialization strategy for Tanzania’s smallholder horticulture.
* Strengthen the capacity and support the leadership of local organizations to drive the growth of the horticulture sector.
* Generate innovative approaches, apply international best practice, and leverage investment through partnerships with the private sector, including banks, producers, processors, input suppliers and traders.
* Serve as the principal liaison with USAID , Government of Tanzania representative s and other key stakeholders in the sector.
* Education: A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business, agriculture, agricultural economics or similar. Masters preferred
* At least five years of progressively responsible experience in managing donor-funded programs
* Senior leadership experience managing a USAID project of similar size and scope. USAID contract experience preferred.
* Experience in the private sector or working with the private sector in one of the following: commercial horticulture, agricultural commodity trade, marketing or finance. Horticulture preferred.
* Knowledgeable in the following areas as they relate to commercial horticulture: international best practices, market systems development, private sector capacity building/development
* Strong knowledge of local, East African and international markets.
* Regional experience required. Tanzania experience strongly preferred.
* Fluent English
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens of Tanzania are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.