Job Title Chief of Party – Tayar Nepal - Improved Disaster Risk Management (DRM)
About the project
The objective of this five-year, USAID funded DRM Project is to strengthen disaster risk management capacity and institutions in Nepal in a way that is inclusive, makes use of known best practices and technological interventions, and is adaptive to changing circumstances. The support provided in this project will help the government of Nepal to achieve its goal of more disaster resilient development.
About the role
As the Chief of Party (CoP), you will be responsible for leading the project and achieving the project objectives. The CoP will lead all three components of the project; 1) improving national level systems and institutions; 2) building capacity at the municipal level and 3) supporting national and municipal level institutions to strengthen disaster response.
You’ll be managing a team of people and interacting with internal ICF stakeholders and internal stakeholders such as USAID, government of Nepal ministries.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (International Development, Urban Planning, Engineering, etc.).
- Expertise in leadership and complex programme management, and progressive responsibility managing donor initiatives.
- Experience working with USAID would be an asset.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the fields of disaster resilience, urban planning, governance or capacity building.
- Experience working in Nepal or in similar contexts would be an asset
About the Organization
ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.