Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated $49.7 million Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE) project. The TRACE program is a 5 year program designed to reduce communities’ risk of instability and increase resilience to violent extremism. The program will use a rigorous community-based development approach, strengthen the voices of underrepresented groups (including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas) and actively engage community members as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management, and evaluation of development activities.
In addition, the program will apply the USAID Development Response to Violent Extremism and Insurgency, strengthen assets of youth, using a positive youth development approach and incorporate a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach. All programming will consider the potential impact on instability and conflict drivers
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall activity management of the program, including providing leadership to attain objectives, ensuring adequate communications with USAID, interacting with high-level Tunisian government officials and other counterparts and identifying and mitigating activity risks.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Overall management of the program, including technical implementation, staff and partner oversight, and monitoring and evaluation.
* Meeting program targets and ensuring the fiscal integrity of the use of program funds.
* Establishing and maintaining systems for project operations and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
* Primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
* Producing effective written reports and oral presentations on program.
* Representing Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate.
* Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
* COP. DCOP or similar senior management experience implementing a USAID project of similar size and scope.
* Experience working on USAID projects with large grant making and community engagement components
* Experience working on projects that utilize a Positive Youth Development approach.
* Experience working on programs that target underrepresented groups (including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas)
* Experience implementing activities that target community-level drivers of instability.
* At least ten years of international development experience. Experience in North Africa preferred.
* Fluent English required.
* Proficient French or Arabic required.