Counterpart International (CPI) is seeking candidates for the position of Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated five-year USAID Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE) project. The program is focused on providing support to communities to reduce their risk of instability and to increase their resilience to violent extremism. This project is expected to apply a “community-led approach” in addressing youth and community needs and building community resilience. The primary activity will be to support communities in creating alternative pathways for youth through activities that intentionally engage youth within their communities to promote positive outcomes. The COP will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project. S/he will be the project’s main point of contact for USAID and all other stakeholders. The COP will also be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed and the objectives of the project are successfully met. S/he will be the project’s main point of contact for USAID and all other stakeholders. It is expected that the COP will be located in Tunis, Tunisia with anticipated project-funded travel throughout the country and is contingent on the award of the program to Counterpart. The COP will be responsible for managing and providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project. The COP will be responsible for overall project management and technical operations to ensure that the project tasks are completed and the objectives of the project are successfully met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the Counterpart program team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding the day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract
- Ensure that all assistance provided under the contract is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed
- Manage and supervise the work of experts/personnel provided under the contract
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and current status of all activities under the contract
- Establish appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported and that project objectives are met
- Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports
- Facilitate ongoing project learning and adaptive management
- Ensure that solid relationships are built and maintained between and among Counterpart and sub-contractor project staff, USAID, and key local stakeholders and partners
- At least eight years of experience successfully managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing), preferably those funded by USAID and those conducted in Tunisia or other Middle East and North African countries;
- Chief of Party experience on programs with budgets in excess of $20 million is highly desired
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field required
- Demonstrated success across the whole range of project management responsibilities including: strategic program planning; work planning and budgeting; financial, administrative, contractual management and oversight
- Experience designing and implementing positive youth development, community development and resilience, peacebuilding, and/or countering violent extremism activities
- Demonstrated success in relationship management with multiple clients; oversight of program monitoring and evaluation; and documentation of results for USAID-funded programs
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, as well as mentor national staff
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
- Strong analytical capacity
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English; fluency in French and/or Arabic required
No calls or emails please.
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Counterpart International to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org