Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the ongoing, five-year USAID Competitive Economy Program (CEP) in Ukraine. Currently in its third year of five, CEP supports business startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), increases domestic market competition, and promotes the competitiveness of the Ukrainian economy in international markets. CEP aims to improve the business enabling environment, strengthen Ukraine’s economy, stimulate foreign and direct investment, and facilitate trade linkages. The chief of party will be dedicated full-time to the contract and responsible for overall implementation, results, and management. They will serve as the team’s primary liaison with USAID and be responsible for establishing and maintaining working relationships with counterparts for all component activities and with implementers of related donor programs. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Responsible for overall program leadership and management, including development of contract deliverables
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID
- Manage productive working relations with the relevant government of Ukraine counterparts and entities, and effective coordination with other donor and international organizations’ activities and programs in economic growth, trade, and competitiveness
- Coordinate closely with the Chemonics home office on all budget-related matters, being ultimately responsible for the financial performance of the program
- Oversee CEP’s monitoring and evaluation to ensure timely and accurate data collection
- Coordinate and oversee all technical and consulting services provided by professional expatriate and local staff, including support staff and short-term consultants
- Motivate staff to a high level of performance toward achieving program objectives through effective communication, teambuilding, incentives, and overall awareness and responsiveness to varying staff activities, roles, and responsibilities
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating program climate that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with the laws and regulations of the client, Ukrainian laws, and Chemonics International
- Oversee office finances and operations to ensure that the program’s accounting system, commodity procurement, and reporting system are consistent with Chemonics policies and best practices, satisfactory to USAID, and in compliance with the contract and applicable government regulations
- At least a master’s degree – or equivalent experience – in business, economics or related field
- Minimum of seven years of successfully managing complex economic growth assistance projects in the Europe and Eurasia region, including Ukraine
- Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate MEL programs
- Successful working experience with three or more of the following: business climate reform, industry upgrading and competitiveness, export development and promotion, trade policy, and trade facilitation
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- The ability to conduct business in the Ukrainian or Russian language is desired, but not required
Please email electronic submissions including your CV and cover letter to CEPCOPRecruit@chemonics.com by November 13, 2020 with “Chief of Party” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.