FHI 360 is seeking Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID/Ukraine Donbas Economic Prosperity Program (DEPP). The purpose of DEPP is to increase stability in Eastern Ukraine by facilitating an economic transformation in the Donbas in which new businesses develop in industries with growing prospects; old businesses direct their energies toward new and growing markets; the small business community expands and diversifies and has an active role in local policy formulation; citizens develop skills for the jobs of the future; and the economy of the Donbas is more closely integrated with the national economy of Ukraine.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide strategic guidance and leadership for FHI 360’s program, and assume responsibility for design, delivery, and progress against the approved workplan and reporting against the performance monitoring plan. The COP will work with the senior management team to ensure overall planning, implementing, and managing of the project and establishing the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward achieving project goals and objectives. The COP will regularly interface with USAID on management and decision-making while ensuring that activities are meeting USAID and stakeholder expectations and that project results are proactively disseminated. The COP also will be responsible for establishing strong local and international partnerships and dialogue with the appropriate donor representatives, as well as coordination with the private sector. The COP position is a long-term, in-country staff position.
- Provide overall technical leadership management and general technical direction for the design and implementation of project activities.
- Supervise a team of staff with expertise in areas including, but not limited to: SME support, entrepreneurship, investment, private partnerships, skill building, facilitating investment, and local economic policy
- Develop partnerships with the private sector, including potential employers and potential investors for enterprises based in the Donbas
- Develop and oversee partnerships with academic institutions and training providers to improve skills of jobseekers in the Donbas
- Responsible for design, delivery and progress against approved work plan and reporting against performance monitoring plan.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
- Ensure an integrated project vision among staff and subcontractors.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, government counterparts, donors, local partners, and community stakeholders, and build effective relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program, ensuring compliance with USAID and FHI 360 rules and regulations.
- Supervise the development and submission of program deliverables and provide accurate and timely reporting to USG and key stakeholders on all program areas.
- Oversee the establishment of effective project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement systems and ensure that program results are met.
- Manage long-term staff and short-term advisors in a respectful and transparent manner, ensuring achievement of project results.
- Master’s degree in one of the following relevant fields: public administration, public policy, international development, finance, economics, law, political science, business administration, or related social sciences.
- Minimum ten years of relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience.
- Experience managing USAID projects and strong knowledge of USAID programming rules and regulations, grants programs, and monitoring and evaluation policies and procedures; previous experience as a USAID Chief of Party preferred
- Demonstrated ability to convene stakeholders from various disciplines and sectors (public, private, training/education, civil society) to identify and achieve common goals.
- Experience working in a variety of elements of economic growth programs, including as deep understanding of issues related to human capital, workforce and skills development and in enterprise strengtheing
- Experience living and working in Eastern Europe preferred; previous experience in Ukraine or similar contexts preferred
- Knowledge of and understanding of economic development issues in the region.
- Fluency in English; strong Russian language skills preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated track record of strong donor relationships including with USAID.
- A proven record providing high quality management, strategic vision and leadership, and decision-making skills with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively with diverse project teams.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.